Oswin & Co. Jewellers Hereford
In 1884 , at the age of 33 William Henry Oswin opened his jewellery store in Hereford. He found the a wonderful location for his new venture near Hereford cathedral. In 1905 he was taken ill and sadly passed away. William Oswins estate was put up for sale and Arthur Butt, a jeweller from Chester took interest in the business and shortly become the new owner.
Arthur shortly had the opportunity to expand the business into 16 & 17 Broad Street, providing Oswin & Co. with a larger new jewellery store. Over the years Oswin & Co. has kept the ethos of its founder William, to offer an array of fine jewellery, silverware, watches and a wonderful repair service.
After owning the business for 103 years it was time for the Butt Family to retire and find new owners who would take one of the oldest stores in Hereford on for another 100 years. The Warr family Based in Ross On Wye, a 2nd generation Jewellery business became the new owners in 2008 continuing to reside in the same 1905 location on Broad Street.
The opening of the old market in Hereford saw focus moving away from Broad Street, an opportune time to relocate to a store on the corner of Widemarsh Street, the Tudor look perfectly fitting Oswin & Co. perfectly. In 2018 we moved to the new store taking with us all the traditions enjoyed by customers over the years. Today 115 years later, Oswin & Co. remains a focal business in Hereford city centre.