Keeping It Private
We collect personal information about you in various ways, such as when you provide it at our stores, on our Website and affiliate websites or through social media channels. Also at our events, via text messages or on the telephone. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other telephone number);
- Username and password if you have registered an account with us;
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address); purchase, return, wish list and transaction information; customer service information (such as customer service inquiries, comments and history);
- Device information;
- Photographs, comments and other content you provide;
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, anniversary date, demographics (such as gender, occupation, marital status), experiences with our products, and shopping and contact preferences;
- Social media information;
In addition, when you visit our Website, interact with our related tools, widgets or plug-ins, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs.
Use and storage of your personal information
When you supply any personal information to David Christopher Jewellers Ltd (e.g. when ordering products or services) we have legal obligations towards you in the way we deal with that data. We must collect the information fairly and tell you if we want to pass the information on to anyone else. In general, any information you provide to David Christopher Jewellers will only be used within David Christopher Jewellers. It will never be supplied to anyone outside David Christopher Jewellers without first obtaining your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it. Also, if you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to David Christopher Jewellers and David Christopher Jewellers considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, David Christopher Jewellers can use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop such behaviour. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or e-mail provider about the content and your behaviour.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met, or, in the case of a personalised service, such as online billing, you no longer wish to continue your registration as a personalised user. Where personal information is held for people who are not yet registered but have taken part in other David Christopher Jewellers services (e.g. information requests), that information will be held only as long as necessary to ensure that the service is run smoothly. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Access To Your Personal Information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information David Christopher Jewellers Ltd holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Please address requests to:
David Christopher Jewellers
3 The Maltings